Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Brain Fog

As most of you know I have been dealing with migraines for awhile now, which leads me to this post. This will not be a rant... at least I don't think so, we shall see. Here we go.

I have decided to stop taking my migraine medication... I am just tired of the side effects. I'm not really sure that it is helping all that much anyway. I have been taking Topamax for about 6 months, and as far as I can tell the only effect it has had is to make me scatterbrained. I feel like the scarecrow from the wizard of oz. I used to be a great multitasker, a real duck in a row type person. Now most days I'm not sure where my ducks are or even if I have ducks. Just ask the Diva that is VERY unlike me. Also it makes me not really give a flip about anything if it isn't happening in my personal bubble..... also unlike me. Not to mention the fact that I can't taste anything, or spell..... or remember peoples names. So.... I have halved my dose and have been doing that for about a week, so far so good. Next week I shall do the same until the dosage is small enough that I can stop all together. Keep me in your prayers and hopefully the fog will lift :)

6 comments:

Junk Diva said...

Will do, you certainly have not been yourself. You have been ME!!!!!!!!

RJ said...

My little one was on topamax and he was the same way. I found online that it is referred to as "dopamax". We told them to put him on something else. I don't blame you for wanting to get off of it. I just wish I could tell you what to take for your migraines. I'm sorry you're suffering through that.


RJ

Course of Perfection said...

You will be in my prayers, Half-Pint. Thanks for letting me know you needed it.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

You got it! In the meantime...just don't start shooting all those ducks. Sounds like you need some curry.

Half Pint said...

Thanks for the encouragement and prayers.

Did someone say CURRY????

mornin'lady said...

I think I have some extra ducks over here girl, maybe there yours!!!! !
God Bless ya Half Pint, praying ya get better