Monday, June 2, 2008

Lake trip.

In reply to Pipers comment.... the lake trip was NOT fabulous!! We did have fun though, except for the RAIN, it goes a little something like this.
Memorial weekend we went to lake Murray with our wineaux buddies, we took Chara along for entertainment. We arrive at Camp Legends on Saturday morning around 10 ish... everyone is just starting to stir from a long night of campfire chat. Winemaker starts breakfast..... more like lunch, and we all eat a great meal of camp hash, something we eat all the time at our house, it consists of all the essential ingredients: eggs, sausage, potatos, onion...served with Texas toast. Then we take the boat out for awhile. Chara, Lindsey and Bonnie ride the tube. Chara was bummed because Bob wouldn't dump her off. That evening we had fried squash, brisket, baked beans and roasted onions. YUM!! Chara and Bob played guitar and sang as we all relaxed with our wine slushies that Debbie made.
Time for bed! We are all worn out and hot and sooo tired, but wait.... there are storms comming. We get the camp all settled we think everything will be ok. We go to bed, our tent shouldn't leak...we have the rain cap on. Oh yeah everyone else has camper trailers. About midnight I hear the wind change directions.... here comes Chara. "I'm gonna get in the car" she says. Jason says we will stay in the tent " we'll be fine!" The rain starts..... about 20 min pass and then starts the dripping. I am wet, sunburned and exausted. Oh yeah, I don't like camping either even on a good day, so I'm pretty grumpy. jason finally says let's get in the car. We get in the car which is completely full of most of our gear because we are cooking for the whole camp the next day. So here we are.. the 3 of us ... in the car. It's Hot! We can't open the windows because the rain comes in. I swear I'm never camping again. Everyones campers are full, so we can't get in anywhere. Finally the rain stops, Chara says "I'm gonna go sleep on the boat". After tossing and turning and rearranging about a million times I finally doze off about 5 a.m. Daybreak.... I give up, I'm gonna take a shower. It was like heaven. I feel better. We get around, then everyone else starts stirring about 9 a.m. " How did ya'll sleep?? Did it rain much??" I think I will kick everyone in the chins!! LOL!! Just kidding. We make breakfast, French toast, sausage and eggs. Everyone is happy. Chara started a water fight... more like a war. The guys played horseshoes, then we go for more boating. We had fajitas for supper which everyone said we should sell. We decided we should charge admission for food and entertainment, we could make some money!
By this time we are REALLY tired so Jason , Chara and I head home. All in all we had fun, but I'm still not much of a camper ;)

I tried to post some pic's but it won't cooperate with me..... Maybe I'll try later.

4 comments:

Inquiries said...

Well at least you ate well! Or sounds like it! You made me hungry!

Course of Perfection said...

I'm right there with ya on the camping thing. Give me some A/C or I'm out!

I agree with Ash. The food sounded good.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

kicking people in the chin would surely incur a dental bill, and impair ones ability to drink vino. Besides, wouldn't you need stilts to do that?

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

TAG! your meme'd (see my blog)